Sunday, September 16, 2012

Oh the days of paper dolls and sword sticks

I was reading my 2011 wall posts and it brought back memories. I had a loud year. Almost everyday my friends posted on my wall and it was not just a hi-hello post but rather the one with substance, one that's built over years of friendship. I miss those younger days where you're a carefree soul in this vast creation, where a Disney's movie could make you think of life, where sardines and rice were enough when your wallet's crying for justice. I miss those good old days with friends where you watched films and tried hard to wipe your tears secretly so that no one would notice that you've been greatly affected by the film and knowing in the end that all of you were trying to hide your tear-stained eyes. I miss bummer days, no work and wallet's almost empty but still you're happy and satisfied with the simple joys of life; contentment at its simplest.

I miss long midnight talks over the phone (good thing there's unli call and telephones are still functional). I miss the bad radiation that brought life together. I once told my friend that I miss the radiation cellphones bring. Yes the radiation that's bad for the health but good for the relationship. I sometimes wonder if I ever regret having those late night talks because I'm missing it now but then again I should be thankful and I am that it was part of my life even for a short time.

I miss the days before I entered the corporate world, days when time seemed yours and unlimited, where music never stopped and your feet never got tired from dancing, where night couldn't stop you from adventures, where you could run and laugh and no one cared.

With these, I just want to say that I miss being a kid. A kid who trusts and loves extravagantly. A kid who doesn't worry about tomorrow for she knows her Father is in control. A kid who trusts and believes that people are meant to be good. A kid who's not afraid to love and be loved. A kid who doesn't doubt the goodness in every person. A kid who's so secure with her identity. A kid who believes that she's beautiful. A kid who fully depends on her Father. A kid who's not in need of anything and not scared and anxious of life because she feels safe in her Daddy's arms.

God, I want to have that child-like faith again. To start believing again in Your goodness and love and to live in that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment