Saturday, March 2, 2013

Teenage angst: Rights

I was on my way to sign out when I saw a group of teenagers, say high schoolers, in a commotion. Two girls were crying and the boys were trying to comfort them. From what I've heard, there's a misunderstanding within the group. I think it was about the girls having no role in their play because of reason I didn't overhear. And then I realized...

When we're young, we tend to think that fighting for our own rights is the most courageous thing we could do. Everything is a big deal to us. We tend to think we're always right and we must be heard. But as we grow older and become more mature, as we let God mold us, as we love more, our rights become less of importance and we listen more to people's opinions. We learn the therapeutic use of silence when our pride wants to shout in rage. We think of ourselves less and more of others. We give more and take less. We let go and move on. We keep going.






No comments:

Post a Comment