Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Beauty in the Mess


June 15 2011



I was looking for my book last night in the storage room. The room itself was in a mess. There were books on the floor and boxes scattered. I struggled my way to the bookshelf and began searching for my book. As i was rummaging the shelf, I bumped my knee into things and they fell. I was going to ignore them when something hard hit my foot. I looked at it and there it was, the book I was searching for.


Sometimes the very thing we’re looking for is in the mess we’re trying to avoid; it takes pain for us to finally see and acknowledge it.


God told me that night that we could find beauty in a mess. In Him, there is beauty in the mess. He found beauty in us.


And he asked me, “Do you have to get hurt just for you to look at it?

No comments:

Post a Comment