Wednesday, January 2, 2013

the hot mudra, the reliable OC, the silent beauty, the oh-so-honest lass, and the narrator


At first, I just wanted a permanent job that pays well and gives me a sense of fulfilment. Little did I know that those will change. Two days ago marked the end of my one year (and a month) training as a psychiatric nurse. The journey wasn’t all smooth road and sunny sky but one thing’s for sure, I didn’t walk or sometimes trudge that road alone.

Friends come and friends go,
    but a true friend sticks by you like family

Proverbs 18:24 




I started my job December of 2011. We were regrouped mid of December and I didn’t know anyone from my new group and that was when I first met those 4 girls who would make my journey a lot enjoyable and meaningful. My first encounters with them were just ordinary. Two of them I saw saving a kitten from possible car accident and I found them amusing to watch because of their affection for the poor kitten and how they used paper to pick the kitten. After the heroic act of saving a kitten, they saved a child from being a floater. They went to me who was sitting alone looking like an abandoned child. They invited me to join them during breaks and offered, though indirectly, to be my friends to which I merrily and without hesitation accepted. Fatefully, one of them was assigned at the Emergency Room where I too was assigned. Her name’s Noime.

Ate Noime is beyond thirty, beyond flirty, and beyond thriving! She’s still single at a very fruitful age. She’s as cool as a decent teenager and as witty as a woman who gained wisdom over the years. She has a big heart and I consider her our mudra/mother. She exceeds those senior nurses in terms of caring and she understands like she’s as young as you are. She stands for what she thinks is right and operates based on her convictions. She tolerates our stubbornness (because she’s sometimes, too) but disciplines us when we’re acting like brats. She can sometimes be bitchy as we all are but still amusing. She never fails to flatter us with her remarks, be it positive or negative. I always wonder why she’s still single. Where are you, gents?




With Ate Noime that fateful day was Martha. She’s as cute as a ribbon and as white and delicate as a marshmallow. She’s not the youngest but acts like one. She has dimples that could capture mature men (teehee). Martha is one of my closest companions though we seldom worked with each other. One attribute of her that amuses me is her being an open book to all. If not because she’s my friend, I wouldn’t tell her any secrets at all! You can READ her easily, what she’s thinking, what she’s trying to hide, and what she’s imagining! She can’t hide her feelings and that gives her away easily. She also tells stories as if it’s happening right in front of you! She’s a sweet friend that listens and speaks with her heart. She’s a great writer and I hope she finishes the novel SOON!



Next was Katherine, the silent bitch beauty. She was assigned at the same ward as Martha’s that day. Kat has the poise and the elegance of a woman. But at her words, men tremble and hide. She throws her comments with such authority that you cannot argue with whatever she says. Kat is someone whom I know I can always confide in despite her apathetic look sometimes. She listens well even though her replies are mostly “uh” and “mmm”. She has a sweet, alluring voice that holds piercing words. Kat is a sensible person and I am privileged to work with her for a month. She embodies beauty and wit, the reason why men go gaga over her.







The last but certainly not the least is our eldest sister, Bernadette, the queen of orderliness. Never did I see her come to work with dishevelled or untied hair. She has this cute blush on her cheeks and a warm smile ready to embrace anyone she sees. She works like a machine and never tires! She defends the bullied and has no room for impartiality (except when we’re involved haha). She gives advices and warm hugs that could brighten up one’s day. And oh, she’s also filthy rich! Her ATM’s always loaded.

So that’s our family. I know this don’t give them justice. I apologize for my lack of decent words to describe them. But believe me when I say they are incredible women who stand out in character and beauty.


I will always be grateful to God for meeting them.
I hope that each of them finds their own shining star.

With much love,

Wendy, the youngest.
  

3 comments:

  1. Oh my. Wendy, you got us down to a tee! :) It's amazing how we got to know one another so well in just one year. Yes, a year isn't enough for me since I'm left wanting more time with you girls. I missed you, am missing you, and will continue to miss you. Thank you for the wonderful journey. :)
    -Martha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it's been one amazing year for us! you girls taught me to be vulnerable in so little time and i am thankful for that and for everything we've been through. It's been one heck of a journey and it's worth it :) when I see other barkadahan at work, I know ours is where i always want to be and I know this friendship is what I really want to last :)i am missing you but i am confident that we will still all see each other :)

      -Wendy

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete